Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Guest Post - At Tim's request



Hey all,

Tim asked me to post an update on the blog for him today - mainly because he's tired and the combination of chemo, a cold followed by a stomach virus, and job stress (there is a critical phase of the NAVAIR engineering staffing that is in process right now) has been difficult. So Tim's energy is low, but he's still maintaining his positive outlook.

Some good news: Tim's last chemo cycle is scheduled for next week. The chemo is scheduled once a month for six months and despite his little incident in June, he's still on schedule and still in the clinical trial. The chemo has taken a bit of a toll on him, Tim is looking a bit gaunt and drawn and he's down to around 185 lbs. However, he is heading toward the last stretch so we think that all will be well and a break from the chemo will bring him back to more of his old self.

Note: he did say to me today, "hey, I'm finally down to the weight that all the Navy flight surgeons thought I should be!!! Now I just need to work on the muscle mass and I'll be a babe magnet!!" ( I didn't reply but he does look lean and mean)

We spent Labor Day in Virginia Beach, taking Robbie to the beach for the first time (he loved it). It felt good to get away, even just for a couple of nights. I ran a half marathon on Sunday, then we headed home with a stop at Wilson and Jennifer's for a wonderful visit. Nate and Jessica, Tim's nephew and his wife, were there with their two beautiful kids, Trent and Emmy. Robbie and Trent had a great time visiting together and we definitely need to get the kids together more - the pool at Wilson's house is great!! I got in the pool with the kids to keep an eye on them and I'm convinced that kids somehow don't feel cold water like their elders do. The pool was COLD!!! Robbie and Trent didn't seem to have much problem with it though....

I am trying to cut down my travel schedule but it's tough right now. Right up through November I could be in Waco, Korea, Seattle, San Diego, or Jacksonville every week. Between Tim and I we'll prioritize, the goal is to keep him healthy and fighting through the chemo.

I appreciate everyone looking in, I've include some Robbie pictures. The first is of Robbie and the claw from the 16lb lobster I caught scuba diving when I was 19. The second is of Robbie and Tim in Virginia Beach this weekend. Everyone have a great night.


Liz

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU LIZ! It's so great to get an update. Sorry that Tim's energy is low & that work for both of you seems to be at a frenetic pace. Paul & I are moving to Valley Lee starting 25 Sept. We're always here if you need us but will be in even better proximity soon. Please call on us for anything. Love the pics of Robbie!!

    ReplyDelete