Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sound the "All Clear"

Just got a phone message from Jenny, my nurse, saying that the neutropenia crisis of September 09 is over. My neutrophil count is up to 2000, which would be low for any of you, but is just fine for me. It is much better than the count of 100 I had last Monday.

So I'm cleared to lick doorknobs again. You don't know how much you enjoy some things 'til you can't do them.

Liz made it home safe from Seattle (where she did another half-marathon over the weekend (had a couple of hours to kill so why not?)), Robbie was thrilled to see her home, and my big staffing event went very well yesterday, so all is right with the world.

(Anybody want to buy a box of 47 face masks? Anybody?)

2 comments:

  1. That deserves an "attaboy". As we used to say in the 60's- Keep on truckin'.

    Kent

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you were a fellow door knob licker. Yet another reason I like you.
    - Meno

    ReplyDelete