Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sorry, sorry...

First, look below and read Liz's post (I'll wait...).

Let me get the whining out of the way (recapping some of what Liz said). I've had a series of little bumps over the last month that took all the spare energy I had, but the trends are all still good. First, coming off a cold a month ago, I had a dry, hacking cough that lingered until last week. Without sharing too much, the cough was characterized by thick throat yuk, which often deposited itself on the "gag point" in my throat, meaning I spent lots of quality time gagging. Enough to say that it's been ages since I blew milk out of my nose (you're welcome). That finally resolved itself after I developed a fever last week of near-scary numbers (high 99's to low 100's) which cleared up in time for a trip to Virginia Beach.

While at VB, Robbie played in the surf and on the beach for the first time ever. It took a little bit, but he loved it. We made tidal pools and played in the waves. Just as I was feeling cocky about feeling good for the first time in a month, I picked up either a touch of food poisoning or a stomach virus that made the last three days interesting. I will spare you the details. I think I'm finally through that, but of course I start my sixth chemo round next week, Command Staffing (a work thing) is coming due, as is NSPS (another work thing), so the rest of the month is going be a joy. The good news is that we are taking a family trip to Louisiana in October.

I met with Dr. Cheson and company yesterday and I'm good to go for next week. This will be the final round of Chemo for this session, which means I'll get to do another Bone Marrow Biopsy at the end of four weeks. Then I'll likely go into the next stage of the clinical trial. I'll keep you updated (I promise).

Lastly, feel free to throw in a comment. It really helps to know people are out there reading these. Thanks.

6 comments:

  1. I'm still checking in every day. Sorry to hear about the previous 'bumps'. I hope it's clear sailing from here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Liz posted for you and I'm glad you got something on here too. Everytime I opened it for while, there was sad Robbie staring at me on 23 Aug. If we don't hear something from you for a while, we get really worried, I text you, the nagging goes on until we know more . . it's easier to write something, really! That said, keep your priorities where they are - you know that NSPS and CS will be done when they're done - do what you can and leave the rest to those of us willing to help - me too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember spewing something through my nose when we put in your dish. Of course, mine was alcohol induced. Ah, the good ole days. Glad your feeling better. I fully expect to see you at your recovery party. And, yes, I check the blog everyday. Give my regards to your family (both here and in Louisiana).

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK - I'm not gonna lie. I only check it about twice a week. Doesn't mean I like you any less than the other posters. I might even like you more. Although 'delr47' had an alcohol-laden dish erecting party with you - the kind of stuff only reserved for our bestest of friends, so I'll bow to his superiority. Hang in there, Tim. The best and brightest days are just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello stranger! I checked on the blog over the weekend and then at the beginning of the week. What a nice surprise to find 2 readings waiting for me today! As others have said, keep your eyes on the prize and your priorities in order. As long as you're getting healthy, the rest of the stuff can wait. Mini trip to VB sounded nice and I'm sure the family trip will be better. You guys have earned some much needed R-n-R. As always, don't ever hesitate to call us! Kim B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey Tim and Liz and Robbie, we keep checking up on you.

    For shame that you never took that poor boy to the beach before!!! Lizzy was two weeks old the first time she stayed at the beach house. You'll have to bring Robbie "down the shore" to Ocean City, NJ, the best beach in the world!!!

    Who else?
    The Patels!

    ReplyDelete