Saturday, June 13, 2009

Settling out, but a ways to go

(Ok, Until Tim gets back online, everyone assume that it's me (Liz) posting)

Well, it's been kind of an up and down day today. Tim continues to fight the infection, his fever is improving, his lung function is improving so we are looking at a much more stable situation so far today. He's still on the ventilator and will be for a while. He still has some issues that are popping up that could change things but all in all it's been positive.

I want to thank everyone for their offers of support - it's been really helpful for me and Wilson, Jenn, Kate, Robbie to have good friends to rely on. (Peggy and Rebecca - Sunshine thanks you! Jim, Elena and KD - you know how grateful we are!)

Since Tim's in the CCC, I'd like to ensure I know about any visitors. We're trying to limit visitors to immediate family right now since his immune system is so weak.

I am much more hopeful and upbeat today - and Robbie keeps telling me that "I'm braver than you Mommy, just act like me." I'm trying.

Keep up the thoughts/prayers. Liz

2 comments:

  1. Tim/Liza/Robbie:

    We just found out about Tim's blog, Tim's condition, and Tim's hospitalization all in one go this morning. Bob found out through the magic of Facebook. Seems the family gossip mill isn't working so well.

    We love you all and we're so sorry about what you're going through and if there's anything we can do, holler. Much, much love and get well wishes coming your way.

    Please call/email if there's anything you need -- Robbiesitting, cooking (god help you), even stupid stuff-- anything at all. We have our fingers crossed, and we're doing what passes for praying among the lapsed Catholics.
    Much love, Cecelia and Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cecelia, Thanks so much. Things are starting to look up (a little) more to follow as we track through the day. Liza

    ReplyDelete