Friday, June 19, 2009

He's back....


All, Tim is still Tim and he's awake, responsive, and still has his sense of humor. He was actually cracking a joke or two with Wilson today. A HUGE improvement from yesterday. (Kim B. - you're right sometimes a setback sets the stage for a big improvement) He still has some issues - occasionally not responding, diminished renal function, and there are a few things that the doctors are still worried about. But, in case you wondered - the photo with the thumbs up says it all.

Tim is still in intensive care until all the issues are resolved to the ICU team's satisfaction. It will be at least a few days. I was able to confirm with him today that he'd prefer family only visitors until he's out of the ICU. (The ICU does not lend itself to any sort of privacy and Tim is a private guy.)

I actually took the photo to show Robbie how Daddy is. I'm going to bring him to see Tim tomorrow and I think the preparation helps. Robbie went to visit Tim in the ICU when he was still on the ventilator. He'd been asking about him, so I took a picture to show him. "Do you still want to see Daddy even when he has a breathing machine?", I asked. "Yes Mommy, Daddy has a really cool ROBOT breathing machine." I hope that even in the fog he was in at the time, Tim could hear his son. Especially when we let Robbie shout "I LOVE YOU DADDY!!" really loudly. Sometimes, you just have to forget about "inside voice".

Keep the comments coming, I've told Tim about all the people who have been concerned. Liz

12 comments:

  1. YEA! TIM!! have not even read the post yet ... just so incredibly happy to see you! YEA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Peg. Today made me feel better too. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see he's up and cracking jokes, that's fantastic. Smiles all around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see the thumbs up. You're all doing a great job, keep moving forward. All the best.
    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's the guy we've been waiting to see! Great news indeed! Was thinking about you guys at the River Concert tonight. Had some Trivia that I KNOW Tim would be able to answer....what movie used parts of Symphony No 9. "From the New World" by A. Dvorak? I haven't Googled it yet but I will. I know it and can't place it. Hope you know that we all think of you so much that I received a special text telling me about the thumbs up picture while at the concert. Flipped on the computer as soon as we got home! :) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum Yum Drive-In, JD & Coke, selling yearbook ads, The Roach Tooth, Town & Country theater, surprise birthday parties for Coach Istre when it wasn't his birthday.

    ♥ ♥ ♥ Thumbs up, Tim! ♥ ♥ ♥

    Thank you, Liz...thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liz, Thanks so much for the update. I am back working in the hospiatl again and recognize all of the tubes Tim has -- feeding tube, Quentin catheter, Swan(or central line) -and he looks great for having gone through all of that. We continue to pray. John talks to Wilson frequently and I understand that he has or is going home this weekend so we will give an extra prayer for you and Robbie. Rebecca and John

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rebecca, thank you. The hope is that they can start to remove some of the lines today. I hope they can so he can get away from the "Frankenstein" look. Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, Tim! You're doing great. Keep getting stronger and when you get back to work, I'll move back out of your office and into my dungeon! :) Everyone misses you- it's terribly quiet and nobody knows those really big words. .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Liz, A lot of the folks from NCW are pulling for Tim. Let him guess what we are pulling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Tim, I tried really hard to keep Jennifer out of your office, but she insisted that you said it was okay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a Father's Day gift!

    Good to see you again~

    Mike

    ReplyDelete