Saturday, March 28, 2009

On your marks, get set...

Well, it's not Chemo, but I just took my first official drug for the upcoming campaign. I took the first 300 mg Allopurinol tablet, a medicine I have to take ahead of the Chemo and that I'll be taking for the next two weeks. It helps the body ward off the adverse reaction to the byproducts of the multitudes of dead cancer cells that my liver and kidneys will be processing next week.

We went to a really nice party at Cisco and Holi Galleti's last night. Robbie and I had a great time and got to see a lot of good friends. Even made a few new friends.

I changed the bandage on my marrow extraction site this morning, which I mention only to say that Robbie helped me, and that the help was greatly appreciated. As an experiment, take a Sharpie and make a mark low in the small of your back, then try to put a bandaid over the mark. It's a bear, at least for me. Thank God for the little guy: "Robbie, can you put the bandaid over Daddy's boo boo?" Handled it like a pro.

Tomorrow, the lad and I will rendezvous with Liz--returning from a trip to Seattle--at National Airport. I'll hand over Robbie to her and then head to the Bjostad's in Alexandria, my base of operations for the next two nights.

I hope to be able to post in near real time during my infusions on Monday, and will try to share my reactions as they are happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment