Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Happy St. Pat's to you all.

I'm in Alexandria, Virginia, at the townhome of my friends Jim and Elena, enjoying their hospitality before my 8:30 appointment tomorrow morning with Dr. Cheson in Georgetown. I am staying in the "Taryn" bedroom, so named because it's--well--Taryn's bedroom. Taryn is Elena's beautiful adult daughter, now working in Orlando for the Mouse King, who many years ago (I believe she was either nine or eleven) made me fear physical harm from a little girl a third my age and well less than half my weight. I won't tell the whole story here--enough to say that I learned you don't wake up Miss T too early in the morning.

Earlier today I was in Richmond helping to kick off the NAVAIR Research and Engineering Group's Senior Leadership offsite meeting. Once I made sure that the Admiral was fed and that our guest speaker--the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy--had his flip chart and markers, I drove up here. The drive up I-95 took me around an hour and twenty minutes. During tomorrow's rush hour, the same drive will take three hours. Hence my bunking with Jim and Elena tonight.

As I have acquired the technology to blog on the road, I'll find a Borders or a Starbucks tomorrow and give you the scoop from the Dr. Cheson session. Seeing as how it's currently 11:00 p.m., I'll close for now.

P.S. Miss Molly--so great to see you in the Friends list. It's wonderful to have you aboard for the ride. Please send me an email, as I need your address--I want to talk herbs and teas with my favorite accupuncturist. My email is at the top of the page. Love, YBLU

No comments:

Post a Comment