Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Robbie's Day Off


Robbie has the rest of the week off from school (Surprise!), so by definition I have the rest of the week off from work (except for my constant Blackberry missives--I developing little, tiny calluses on my hunt-and-peck fingers.)

We were going to go to the Smithsonian, but he popped a fever last night, so I limited us to local area travel.  Gorgeous day for most of the day.  We went to Solomons Island and did some beach walking, then to some local sculpture gardens.

While at the garden, he napped on a sculpture and I was able to get in twenty minutes of meditation.  I also found out by phone that my next shipment of Revlimid has been hijacked and is being sent to Georgetown instead of here to me, per direction of Jenny Crawford.  I don't like change--it normally portends.  I'm curious about just what this is portending.  My next appointment (with Katherine) is next Tuesday, when I'm scheduled to start Round 5 of Revlimid.  I'll let you know what new adventures await our hero.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the next round. I'm looking forward to reading about more success with your treatment. As for the entry above, don't for a minute, think you haven't touched us all in many ways. You have inspired people in many ways with your strength, determination and grace during this taxing situation. In some small way I can relate to this when I went to a doctor to have a 25 year-old fiberglass splinter removed from a finger. Turns out the splinter was gone but I developed squamis cell cancer on the finger. When the doctor called (on the day of Nick's first birthday) and told me I had cancer I went numb. My mind raced through all conceivable scenarios for days. I tried to get him to tell me if this was cancer or CANCER, to no avail. Since there was a chance it may have impacted the bone, there was the possibility of it spreading. Being a very slow moving cancer, the best option was having the finger removed. It seemed like a good trade-off to me. Apparently I'm out of the woods now, but it is always in the back of my mind.

    I'm not, in any way, trying to equate my situation to yours. Mine was a blip on the radar. What I'm saying is I admire your fortitude in this. I'm not one for prayer (I'm more of the Jiminy[is that spelled correctly?] Cricket school of theology), but I'm wishing on those stars for a speedy recovery. As always, if there is anything I can ever do, don't hesitate to ask. Since I'm pretty secure in my manhood, I have to tell you that I love you guys. Boy, I know I'm going to regret saying that!

    Kent

    ReplyDelete