Friday, March 12, 2010

He's going to Slytherin


Although we have not yet heard him speak in Parsil-tongue, the picture above proves that Robbie can unhinge his jaw to eat pancakes.  That snake-like tendency alone should land him with Snape and company when he gets to Hogwarts.

Got my ass absolutely handed to me at a two-hour Dynamic Flow yoga class this morning.  Of the 30 or so students there, I definitely positioned myself for the "Most Improved" award.  Don't get me wrong--glad I went, felt great when I left.  But I did have an "Oh Crap! We're only an hour into the class!  I could have sworn it was almost over!!" moment.   It was great to see Ann H., the instructor, who is the Ur-instructor in Southern Maryland and an absolutely fabulous teacher.  I knew I was in trouble when I looked around the class and saw that my fellow students included pretty much every Southern Maryland yoga instructor from every class I've taken over the last two years down here.  The workout that Ann crafted (and through which she never showed a moment's fatigue) pretty much taxed them to the limit.  Me?  Reduced me to a gasping puddle of sweat.  Never the less, wouldn't have missed it.  I can only improve from here.

Liz and I took Robbie to "Cheeseburger in Paradise" tonight, where he continued to establish his Adventure Eater credentials by eating Conch Fritters.  Love that kid.

6 comments:

  1. I am so jealous that you have a kid who is an adventurous eater. You don't know how lucky you are. I had to pay Lizzy a dollar to try a single fried calamari. Meera wasn't greedy enough back then.

    The Patels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't one trip to all-you-can-eat pancakes at IHOP undo a week of yoga or is that how you learn to unhinge your jaw like that? hey - I follow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Full disclosure: this picture was sent to me by Liz, who is currently out running yet another marathon. Guess she can have the pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has he figured out how to get by Fluffy yet? Oh, by the way, happy Pi day.

    Kent

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kids mouth is almost as big as his dads - no that's saying something.

    Cheeseburgers, ah how I miss thee. Been a while since I've been up to Pax and experienced all its little burgers and "meat on a stick" have to offer. Aside - is there anything better than meat on a stick? Truly a reach back to our caveman roots. Grunt.

    Stay well, Tim.

    - Meno

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sad to say that once in the Philippines, I had what I still hope was monkey meat on a stick. Please let that have been monkey meat.

    ReplyDelete