Thursday, October 29, 2009

No News is No News

Met with Dr. Cheson on Tuesday.  No real news to report.  I'm still progressing according to schedule and it looks like we switch to the Revlamid (that's the pill that is at the heart of my clinical trial) probably next month.

Robbie and I are bachelors again this week, with Liz in Fort Worth.  Tonight we went for Mexican, but last night I was Googling "How to Waterboard a 5-year-old".  Now to be fair, he wasn't all bad last night.  Here's a picture of one of the times he was not being a total screaming (literally) pain in the butt (who I love with all my being.)  As you could see, I was still recovering from our early discussions.





4 comments:

  1. Aw Tim, those are the best times...when they are sleeping :)
    Pam Kreppel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez, I thought my son was the only one who did that. Waterboarding? The government should take the screamers and put them in an interrogation room with some prisoners. They would be spilling their guts in no time. But, take heart, I've been told that it's the really bright kids that act this way. Something to do with emotional maturity lagging behind the mental. Whatever. It still drives me crazy.

    Kent

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had every intention of responding with an uplifting comment like "don't worry, they grow out of it" BUT ...yesterday I spent time with an over tired college student (bad idea to visit the day after Halloween ...who knew?!?!). So my uplifting comment is ...that which does not kill us (or drive us to terrible acts) somehow makes us stronger. The rough moments provide the necessary contrast so that the superlative moments feel even more glorious. ~puddles/FarmGirl/WearyMother

    ReplyDelete
  4. I yelled a lot as a kid. I'm gonna go with Kent's intelligence theory. I yell less now. Of course, I'm 37 years old. That being said, God is "smiling down on me" as he's given me a female version of me to raise. Many a picture just like that could be taken of me. It's hard to argue with a little you, as I'm sure you are finding out!

    - Meno

    ReplyDelete