Thursday, November 5, 2009

Yo Ho Ho and a Tall Decaff Skinny Mocha Latte with Powdered Cinnamon

Happy Belated Halloween!  To the left, you'll see a fuzzy picture of Robbie and me dressed as fierce pirates.  Actually, HE's dressed as a fierce pirate.  I'm dressed more like a flamboyant pirate who loves show tunes and makes catty remarks about other pirates outfits, if you catch my drift.  Liz was also dressed in Pirate Princess garb, but I was told that if I posted those pictures, my next move better be writing my eulogy.

Robbie was great and surprising.  He loved his costume and loved tromping thru our friend Art's neighborhood, but after about an hour, he turned to us and said, "I've got enough candy now.  Let's go home."  After trying in vain to explain that on Halloween there's no such thing as 'enough candy', we gave in and went home.  Once there, he dumped his loot out on the coffee table, took inventory, gave Liz and me one Fun Sized Kit Kat each, then ate one (One!) piece of candy himself.  Over the next several days, he gave away far more of his candy than he ate.  Neat kid.

Yesterday, I went to my first yoga class since June 6th.  I've done yoga since, but not in a class setting.  As I said on my Facebook page, except for my total lack of flexibility, strength, and stamina, I thought I did great!  Actually, it was a challenging hour-and-a-half, but I really like Laurie, the instructor, and I liked the class.  I was a sweaty puppy (now Tim, puppies don't sweat!) at the end, but I never had to bail out of any positions.  I'll definitely be going back next week.

No word yet when I start my next round of treatment, but it's got to be in the next three or four weeks.  I'll keep you informed as I get informed.

Finally, a warm welcome-aboard to "Sadrypali", the newest member of the followers list.  I'm not sure what brought you to this blog, but I'm glad you're here.

4 comments:

  1. I, for one, am glad the picture is blurry. A clear and crisp image of flamboyant Pirate Tim (and are those blond and curly locks I see)? No thanks. I'll pass.
    - Meno

    ReplyDelete
  2. Earlier it was the sexy legs. Now, the foppish pirate. So, like Bruce Wayne, you are keeping your Village People identity secret. And to think, I thought I knew ya! Hope evryone is well.

    Kent

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's wrong with kids these days? Don't they understand that you trick or treat until every house tells you they've run out of candy? Where's the greed?!?!?!? My kids bag out after about an hour or two,also. I'm so disgusted with them!!! All those Reeses Cups not coming my way. Why?!?!
    -the marsupial's wife

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim, you are amazing... I continue to pray for you. I have been following your progress over the months and it warms me, the great attitude and humor you bring to your recovery. Stay Strong!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete