Saturday, April 3, 2010

Mr. Gap Tooth and the End of the Well Baby Visit


As you might have guessed from the picture above, Robbie finally lost one of his front teeth.  Actually he lost it last week; we were only recently able to get a picture of it.

Picking up from my last post, we left our hero in the examination room at Georgetown.  Shortly afterward, Katherine (even more pregnant than last time!) came in, examined me, and marked me fit for continuation in the trial.  The only 'news' is that after the sixth cycle (I'm currently on the fifth), I get another bone marrow sample taken (Yawn...). 

I had to run up to the pharmacy on the 7th floor to get my Revlimid.  They would have sent it down, but it was an opportunity to visit with the ladies up there.  It also turned out to be an opportunity to get a free lunch.

I was kinda hungry as I headed to the elevators, already thinking about where I was going to get lunch.  Got on board elevator #1 and held the door for a white-coated orderly pushing a cart.  On the cart (I miss nothing) were the brown paper lunch bags I remembered so fondly from my infusion days.  After holding the door again on the 7th floor, I followed the lunches into the area, where I ran into Mercedes, Sonia, and Marta.  After appropriate greetings and the showing of the pictures of the boy, Marta invited me to grab a lunch.  Roast beef sandwich.  The pharmacy will only give the drugs out to hospital employees, so while Mercedes checked on my Revlimid, I sat in Room 11 eating my sandwich.  Life was good.

2 comments:

  1. Spongebob 2; Robbie 1.

    - Meno

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roast beef sandwich. That sounds mighty fine.

    How many teeth has Robbie lost? How much does the toof fairy leave for him?

    jpatel

    ReplyDelete