Monday, August 17, 2009

Starting Down the Back Stretch

SO here I am, Monday moring at 10:40, waiting for my Fludarabine. I got a late start this morning, due largely because Robbie was in such a great mood and I hadn't talked to Elena for a while. I was up in plenty of time, just didn't get out the door when I should have. Now I'm paying the price.

Robbie was absolutely great yesterday, though he was really spun up prior to falling asleep. He slept until 7:00 a.m., lay in bed chatting with me until 7:20 or so, then we both headed to the kitchen when we heard Elena rattling around. God bless Elena--she is not a morning person, but she was a trooper today.

Where I normally reach Georgetown by 8:15, I stumbled in around 9:00, and became part of the Monday morning 7th Floor crush that I usually avoid by getting here early. I've given the normal 2 1/2 pints of blood for the bloodwork, and am now waiting for my drugs.

Still not complaining, but this is getting old. On the other hand, in as much I plan on getting old, I guess I should hush up and take my medicine.

If the Benedryl doesn't wipe me out, I'll log on again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment