Sunday, July 12, 2009

New Addition to the Family



No, not that...please. While I haven't mentioned it, our air conditioner has been dead for about the last four months. Having grown up in South Louisiana without central air for most of my young life, I was reminded of how much I hate not having it. At least then, I didn't know what I was missing. Not that Maryland in June approached the sauna in which we were raised. Even on hot days, the inside temp here never got much above 83, but the humidity was terrible. In Louisiana, we used to say, "It's not the heat, it's the humidity." (I'm sorry, that's Phoenix--in Louisiana it was the heat AND the humidity.) Now that we're looking August in the eye, we decided our hand was forced. One credit card later and the good folks from our favorite HVAC company (for the locals, it starts with a "T") came out yesterday and put in our new unit. The happiest of us all is Sunshine, who missed her magic vents in the floor where the cool air came out (see picture to the left).

Other summer items: "Hey Tim," you say, "Considering that brushing your teeth was a major physical effort just two weeks ago, how the heck are you mowing the yard?" To quote Paul and John, "I get by with a little help from my friends." Or more specifically, Jack S., who has come by twice on his riding mower (which I'm coveting) to mow the lawn. There is a trap into which I refuse to fall: If you do something for someone once, they'll be grateful; if you do it for them twice, they'll expect it as a natural right." I vow here never to take for granted or be less grateful to Jack.

Tomorrow, I head up to Georgetown for a full body scan, which I will discuss with Dr. Cheson on Wednesday. Probably not a lot to report until then, but I will be going up to ICU to see if they have a toy Robbie may have left behind. I'll try and capture my impressions returning to the scene.

All for now. Have a great week.

3 comments:

  1. Tim, come see Ms T and me.... we'll be home all day..... Love & Hugs Baina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Baina, I'd like to try and stop by Wednesday. I have an early appt with Dr. Cheson and still hope to make part of the day at work. Really looking forward to seeing you and Ms. T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wednesday would be great! Let me know what time you'll be here and we'll prepare to break bread... e & t

    ReplyDelete