Thursday, April 2, 2009

Session One Day Four

Great, boring day. I got to GHU around 7:50, so spent 20 minutes or so roaming the grounds of the Georgetown Medical School, adjacent to the hospital. The grounds are like one big sculpture garden--sculpture everywhere.

Back in Room 10 today, but with yet another new nurse. I guess I just keep running them off. Even Jamela abandoned me, though she did leave me in the good care of Jo Anne. Nurse Sonia inserted a new IV in my right forearm, and my fludarabine made it to the room in record time. Infusion started at 8:50 and I was done by 9:15. Nurse Mary Ellen (from Day 2) wrapped up the IV for tomorrow and I was on the road by 9:30.

Robbie is in a mood tonight. He moved out of pre-school this week and into kindergarden, but I think the lack of nap (he used to get two hours in the afternoon) is catching up to him. Liz is soothing him through a meltdown in the bedroom as I type.

One more day to go in this cycle. Have a great Friday.

4 comments:

  1. Miss Weez, I guess bottom line is I asked my Med team and with RF and given my sewer pipe veins, they didn't see the need. Should I push the issue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely not....if you've got great veins ;-)
    these drugs don't necessitate a port.
    How do you feel?
    Think of you everyday! YOU DA MAN!!
    Kisses
    The Baca's

    ReplyDelete
  3. The women...they all love my giant veins.

    Feeling as good as I did Monday morning before I started chemo. AND, I think I'm already feeling reduction in my HUGE lymph nodes. (You know, they say there's correlation between the size of a man's lymph nodes and...).

    ReplyDelete