Saturday, April 4, 2009

Chemo Cycle One is Finished!

Well, Round One is finished, and other than the fatigue associated with getting up every morning at 5:00 to drive two hours to DC, then two hours back to work, I don't seem to have any bad side effects. Well--almost no bad side effects. I did have to spend most of what has proved to be a BEAUTIFUL Spring day locked up in my office at work, catching up things I didn't get to last week.

So far I've had a different nurse every day, now including Anita, who helped my yesterday. I must be a difficult patient. I have been negligent in not introducing you to Marta, who schedules all the rooms and patients. Blog, Marta. Marta, Blog. I also met Shirleta, the head technician in the pharmacy. Jamela came back from her much-deserved day off and did her usual outstanding job.

It was back into Room 11 yesterday, where I was infused to the crashing of thunder and beat of heavy rain outside the window. A strong system swept through ahead of today's beautiful weather. I was back in the car by 10:00, into driving rain that reduced visibility and slowed DC traffic to around 40 mph (an amazing statistic if you're from around here.)

So ends the first Chemo session. I have to update the calendar, as there was a little oops on the one previously printed. My next session is the last week of this month and not the first week of May as previously reported.

On Monday I go to a local lab to give blood, and will do so every Monday than I'm not getting rituxin and fludarabine. This Wednesday I go back to Dr. Kelly, my local oncologist, just to keep that connection. Not sure what we're going to talk about.

I'm developing a theory to answer the question I said wasn't worth asking: "Why Me?". I'll share more in a few more days.

Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Have you looked at a Cell modem for the laptop? I got mine for commuting between NYC and Bethpage on the train, but it might help. I'm glad you're doing well! Let me know if you end up in Crystal City some time.

    -Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might let you be more flexible with work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! So glad Cycle One is done... now hopefully you can enjoy the rest of the beautiful weekend we're supposed to have! We'd like to have ya'll over for dinnner one night soon and please bring Robbie. I know he doesn't know us that well but if you're ever in need of him needing a place to hang out & play for a while, he'd be in good hands / somewhat familiar place. Take care, Katie

    ReplyDelete