Friday, February 5, 2010

Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful (Again)

Hi all, 

Had two G-town visits this week.  Total time spent interacting with medical professionals:  33 min. (max).  Total time spent driving to enjoy those 33 minutes:  4 hours.  Total leave taken to spend with the G-town folk:  14 hours.

Had to go Tuesday for blood work to begin my third Revlimid cycle, and it has to be done the same day I start the cycle.  No time to have the local labs turn it around.  Thursday was my well-baby visit.  Dr. Cheson was on call in the main hospital, so I met with Katherine (now visibly and glowingly pregnant) and with Jenny.  All is well medically, though I am scheduled for another bone marrow biopsy on February 25th.  I did some shopping on the way home ahead of our blizzard.

It's currently 8:45 p.m.  Snow started falling around 11:00 a.m., and there's an accumulation of about 3 inches now.  The heavy stuff and the wind is supposed to hit tonight.  I'll post before and after pictures of the van after the storm, which is parked at the bottom of the driveway facing the road (Robbie's suggestion).  I've been keeping up with friends on Facebook--we're all pretty hunkered in now.   I've got plenty of the essentials:  bread, milk, toilet paper, Kaluha, vodka, hot chocolate, and firewood.

I'll post the pics on Sunday when the snow should be gone.  Wish us luck!

2 comments:

  1. A man after my own heart -- anyone can survive a blizzard as long as there's Kaluha and vodka in the house! Love you Tim - sorry we couldn't invite you over this week but we've been sick with the rhino virus -- didn't want to infect you :(
    Love, Baina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baina, Couldn't have made it anyway, but thanks for the thought. Sorry you have the Rhino virus--were you able to cover the horn with makeup?

    ReplyDelete