Sunday, January 31, 2010

Finally Made it Out


Robbie and I finally made it out of the house this afternoon.  Our neighbor, Tom, arranged for the road to be plowed, leaving me only the challenge of getting down the driveway.  The Mini was out of the question.  I took the van.  I figured out the hard way (again) that I couldn't turn around at our usual spot, so I ended up backing it all the way down the driveway.  I was able to turn around in my neighbor's freshly plowed driveway.  Robbie refused to be anywhere near the van while this was going on--smart lad.  I finally parked in our cul de sac and hiked the 1/8 mile back to the house.

Got Robbie dressed and hiked back to the car.  The picture above was taken on the walk out.  We had lunch at a Mexican restaurant and stopped by the grocery store for essentials.  We're at home now, where Robbie is bored out of his skull.  Never thought I'd say it, but thank God for Spongebob.  And thank God tomorrow is a school day, though the hike to the car should be interesting tomorrow morning.

I have an appointment at G-town sometime this week, although I don't know when just yet.  Why would I want to know on Sunday when my appointment will be scheduled?  That would take all the fun out of things.  I'll update you when I finally get back from the appointment, whenever that might be.

1 comment:

  1. Nice snow (he says while NOT shoveling any away from his coastal home in southeastern NC).

    Allow me to also pre-load a blog topic for right around this time next week.

    WhoDat WhoDat - go (S)ain'ts.

    - Meno

    ReplyDelete