Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Thanks, Mindy

I want to publicly thank my friend Mindy J. for an act of selflessness and thoughtfulness on Tuesday of this week. Mindy is very aware of my situation and is one of my primary folks to pick up Robbie from school, should it ever be necessary.

I was on tap to pick Robbie on Tuesday. Normally, as long as I leave my office by 4:45, I can make it to his school by 4:55. On Tuesday, I let myself get hung up at the office, pressed my luck, and end up leaving closer to 4:50.

I roared over to the school, getting there right at 5:00 p.m., keeping my "never late" record intact. There standing by the play yard was Mindy, talking to the lady who watches the kids. They were both concerned that I hadn't shown up, thinking I might be at the hospital. They had tried to reach me by cell phone, and when that didn't work, Mindy was strongly considering taking Robbie with her.

It was an act that on reflection really touched me. So thank you, Mindy. Thank you for caring about me and about Robbie. I hope someday (but not for the same reasons) to repay that kindness. For now, I at least want to acknowlege it.

No comments:

Post a Comment