Thursday, February 26, 2009

Robbie, and the NIH

Robbie may be picking up more of this than I imagined. We haven't gone out of our way to "hide" anything from him, but at the same time we haven't been particularly explicit. Robbie just knows that Daddy is a little sick, that he's going to have to take some medicine that might make him tired, but that Daddy's going to be OK.

Tonight, while riding home with Liz, he apparently got upset and asked "Is Daddy going to go to Heaven?" He knows that Mom-mom (Liz's mom) and Pa-Paw (my dad) both have died and are in Heaven. We've assured him that Daddy's going to be just fine, but I always have to remember that he hears a lot and understands more than I think.

I'm just hoping he's not psychic.

On a more positive note, Dr. Kelly called and told me that a colleague of his working for the National Institute of Health is interested in talking to me about a lifestyle study he'd doing (I don't have the doctor's name in front of me just now). According the lady I talked to at NIH, there is no treatment involved in the study, which begs the immediate (and selfish) response "Why bother?". I realize though that it won't hurt me, it might help someone else, and (again on the selfish side) it's probably not a bad contact to make. I will definitely listen to what they have to say.

Sometime soon I want to capture the story of my marrow sample for posterity. It would be a really funny story if it had happened to someone else. I hope you'll enjoy it.

Thanks for reading,

Tim

1 comment:

  1. Did I hear study????
    DO IT!
    It would be one more(or more) people doting on you....and I know you would absolutely hate that!
    And you would eventually be discussed in a published journal (perhaps anonymously) but still you'd be a superstar..not that you aren't already!!

    ReplyDelete