Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Happy Holidays/Georgetown in December

Hi all.  Kim B. told me I have to start doing this again, so I will (I'm putty in her hands).  I'm constrained, because since I set up the blog, I've also added an @gmail.com account, and since Google has apparently appropriated Blogger, I had a hell of a time figuring out how to get to my blog.  I'll fix the mechanics tomorrow.

I went to Georgetown for my second checkup since finishing my last round of chemo.   The campus was almost deserted, with just a few students left taking finals.  I don't miss finals.  My first post-chemo checkup was back in October, two months after the end of the cycle.  Second checkup was two months after that (today).  Short version of today's checkup (and with a 6:00 a.m. yoga class tomorrow, there will be no long version):  my CLL, while not in remission, is still basically dormant.   I got three months before my next checkup.  So that is good news.

Robbie is out of school for the holidays and turned eight just last Friday.  Tomorrow is the second anniversary of Sunshine's departure.  We're pretty much staying put for the holidays, but may make a day trip or two.  I'll get into more detail and into more metaphysical musing later, but as I said I have a 6:00 am yoga class tomorrow, so that will wait.  Just wanted to write this to prove to myself that I still can.

I'll finally be buying a true smartphone next week, so hopefully I'll be able to include more photos in the blog.  Don't worry though--I plan to make very few of them of me.  Maybe I'll try a video blog (a Vlog?)

Anyway, a very Merry holiday season to you and yours, whether that holiday be Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa, or Festivus.  Thank you for reading.  If you're new to the blog, check out June 2009--that was when the real excitement happened.

1 comment: