Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sven and Ole Go to the Beach

As promised, "Sven and Ole [pronounced: Oh-lee] Go to the Beach".  (for max comedic effect, please read with a bad Norwegian accent)

Sven and Ole went to da beach one day.  Sven, he spread his beach towel out and started puttin' on de SPF 45.  Ole had different ideas.

"Hey Sven, I'm gonna wear dis Speedo svimsuit up and down da beach and meet some gurls!"

After about tventy or so minutes, Ole came back lookin' kinda sad.

"Sven, de gurls von't even look at me.  How'm I supposed ta talk to dem?"

Sven said, "Ole, if you vant to impress dem gurls, you should put a potato in your Speedo."

Ole thought that was a great idea and put it into action.  He grabbed a big potato from their lunch basket, put it in his Speedo, and headed down da beach.

After a few minutes, he came back.

"Sven, now all dem gurls is all laughing at me!"

"Ole.  You're supposed to put da potato in the front of your suit."
_________________

OK, there was the promised joke.  Hope you like it as much as I do (I love that joke).  So far all is still well with me.  I seem to have tolerated the chemo better this time, although on Sunday I was hit with a big hunk of low energy.  All seemed better yesterday and my going-on-two-month head/chest cold seems to be clearing up.

As I mentioned last post, between the cold and the bad wrist, I had gotten out of a lot of good habits and substituted several bad ones.  I've resolved to get back to the good habits and as down payment got up this morning at 5:15, did 30 minutes of yoga in the living room, followed by 10 minutes of meditation.  That's one in a row.  Let's see if I can keep this streak alive.  I'll keep you informed.

1 comment:

  1. I don't get it. Even tried it with the accent - still nothing.

    Maybe if I try it with my Speedo?

    - Meno

    ReplyDelete